Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Prenatal Yoga

I discovered prenatal yoga when I was pregnant with Zoe, my first child.  The class was a Kundalini based class and I fell in love with the chanting and breathing exercises.  The meditative aspects of this practice was very effective in guiding me towards finding my centre and the great journey of childbirth.  After  welcoming Zoe into the world, I felt a great strength and motivation to guide women in a yoga practice.

My dream came to being in 2003 when I graduated from the Kundalini yoga teacher training and started teaching prenatal women at Rama Lotus.  What a great joy to empower women in their experience of motherhood! I taught the class for over 10 years and recently let the class go.  There is a great sadness in this decision.  I loved seeing the women come to class every week, watching them grow, listening and answering their question. There was a great reward in seeing them walking down the street, pushing their strollers and have them thank me for the gift of yoga.  Their stories of how the prenatal class helped them was a gift to me.

My decision in letting the class go was one of motherhood.  My children are older now (12 and 9) and I need to free up some time to be their chauffeur and be their rock as they navigate through the beginnings of adolescence.

I would like to take this moment to thank every woman, who came to my class.  I would like to give deep gratitude for the Kundalini practice and it's deep strength.  It continually shows women how to go deeper within themselves,  to find that space of connection, and  to their breath deeply.  Thank you.

No comments: